The effects of alcohol on women are different from the effect on men. Due to it, it is essential to know the quantity of drink. It is because the women who drink alcohol have a higher death rate because of accidents, suicide, and so on. Even this rate is more than twice as compared to men.
Before knowing the quantity, it is essential to find out the reasons behind why women drink. Here is the list of some reasons behind why women drink.
- To get relaxed and free from stress, women prefer alcohol rather than any drink.
- If they have some relationship issues, then they may drink.
- If their husband is alcoholic, then they used to share the drink with them.
- Women who suffered from any sexual trauma or abuse prefer the drinks.
Apart from it, the benefits of drinking alcohol are small and vary from individual to individual. However, quantity also matters when you drink.
Defining the moderate
When it comes to moderate use for adults, then one drink in a day is sufficient for females. On the other side, two drinks or more than is suitable for men. Here is the list of examples.
- Beer- 355 millimeters
- Wine-148 millimeters
In addition to that, there are several pros and cons are associated with drinking moderate alcohol. It may also offer some health benefits which may be beyond your thinking level. The below-mentioned information is all about the health benefits of the consumption of moderate alcohol.
- Lessen the risk of developing heart disease.
- Lessen the risk of ischemic stroke
- Less the risk of diabetes too.
Not all the time, women have to drink alcohol. However, they will encounter several situations where they will have to say no to alcohol. If you consume too much alcohol, then you can suffer from several problems, which include.
- Mental health problems
- Alcoholic hepatitis
- Fatty liver
- Chronic disease
- Different kinds of cancer
- Anemia, and so on
Time to say no to alcohol:
- In the situation of pregnancy or when you try to conceive the baby, then you will have to avoid alcohol.
- If women suffered from the problem of hemorrhagic stroke, then they have to avoid the consumption of alcohol.
- In the case of liver or pancreatic disease.
- Weak or heart failure.
In the end, do not forget to risks that are associated with drinking alcohol when you commence drinking. It is essential to limit the consumption of alcohol for women to avoid several health related-risks. Work on limiting the quantity of alcohol rather than increasing it.